Thursday, October 22, 2009

Domino Effect
























Bonjour Friends

Today, I would like to share, not only the personal insights I came up with during the past week but also the story hiding behind it. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it as I did!

Everything started last week-end, one night sometimes after dinner and before bedtime (for my two girls), we decided to sit on the living-room carpet to play dominoes and spend some family time.

After playing few games, my husband offered to show something "cool"!
He organized the dominoes in a chain and reveal to the amazement of our daughters, what is happening once we push the first one, or what I call "the domino effect".

After few other tries, I didn't have the time to say what was on my mind, that my husband thought of it !

He went to our computer, goggles: "Domino", and here was a list of videos of the most unbelievable dominoes creations.

As we were watching together few recordings of "this one guy"(that didn't only tape his worked once completed but also his preparation), I heard my inner voice talking:"This is it, this is going to be your next subject!"

At that point though, I didn't know which direction it will take. As once the great Kabbalist named Rav Ashlag said:" For one truth that we see, two are still hiding from us."

Obviously," the domino effect" can perfectly illustrate the concept of cause and effect: each of our actions will start a chain of reaction affecting ourselves and others, all depending on our consciousness of course.

Nevertheless, it's only few days later that I got more hints on the direction to take for my blog.

Among the different meetings and conversations that I had, a same subject kept coming back!

Undeniably, most of us are chasing certain things in life to get to a place of results. When, in fact, the process to get there is as if not more the true source of satisfaction.

See..."This domino guy", spend days and weeks on his creation, with love, patience and perseverance his building with anticipation his edifice, restricting the urge to give up, even if it has to start all over if some pieces fall before completion.

Yet! How long is the chain last once he pushes the first domino ? A couple of minutes, that's all!
Then, it's already time to think about its next project !

So much to learn and reflect from it ! Isn't it?

As this guy, we should enjoy the process.It's here to build our excitement and appreciation for the result, and will make it only more enjoyable!

Life is a constant work.
We here to create, share, push and never stop !
Thinking of the next, will make us be Light, now.

Sincerely, Ilanit.

1 comment:

  1. Ilanit,

    Bravo... Evry time I read your Blog it change somthing in the way I see life...
    By the way, I like so much the fact that you related a beutiful images to your Blog...

    Have a sweet day.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete