Thursday, March 17, 2011

High Light / Low Light



Bonjour Friends

This week, I am home with my daughters Esther & Sarah. (They just love, when I say their names!)

It's, (the famous/infamous) Spring Break.

While a certain percentage of the population is partying like there is no tomorrow, my highlights are: going to the pool, having play dates at the park and because I feel a little adventurous this time, a big trip to a Floridian water park!

Fun! Right?!

Well...Even then, (growing up) when I tried to participate to the typical life of the people my age, I was always reminded, sooner or later and sometimes with a big hit on the head, that it wasn't my place!

I tried though but...soon realized that my "high" will come from a more mystical place.

See...My point is that in one way or another, we're all looking to live our lives like "kids" on a spring break, searching to experience: "highs" and "freedom"!

Unfortunately, "instant fulfillement' is exactly why short circuit happens!

As kabbalah is teaching: if you take a light bulb, it would never lite as strong as the moment the (+) pole touch the (-) pole but the the result will be immediate too: it will burn & died!

However, getting rid of this need for "instant gratification" can be challenging, even for spiritual people!

The desire to receive is part of us. For this reason, we can't erase it!

Our work is to transform it, until it becomes a desire to receive...for the sake of sharing!

When we share, we become part of a flawless/balance circuitry of energy.

Yet! Even there, our ego has still some tricks in his sleeves!

As "I told" , last week to someone dear to my heart, there is two types of sharing:

1- The sharing we do that is "exciting"!
It usually involves us, with people that are in awe and appreciation for our actions and words of wisdom, solace and support which gives us a taste to a spiritual high.

2-The sharing that is "commune"!
It usually has to do with "routine-like" actions and/ or our surrounding. It will often feel of a lower importance, but let's not be fool!

See...Our opponent understand that it can gain Light by letting us do "some good"!

So when we share and get right away "rewards", it might also mean that our ego is also hijacking our Light.

For this reason, and in order to stay aware of what is happening in this mind-game, it is important to also keep some of our attention toward the less exciting/ rewarding places...near us!

"High Light" & "Low Light" are as complementary as in a car to drive us, days and/or nights to our supernal destination.

Love & Light Always, Ilanit.

No comments:

Post a Comment